To register your interest and to receive details of the commission, please attach an artist bio and examples of your work (optional). For inquiries, firstname.lastname@example.org
PHONE IT IN
2017 National Young Writers Festival/Spineless Wonders Slinkies 100 word Writing Competition
Terms and Conditions of Entry
1. Submissions will only be accepted via the Submittable.
2. Entry is free.
3. There is no set theme but submissions must be suitable for public display.
4. Submissions will only be accepted in audio file format. Any audio file format will be acceptable (eg mp3, WAV, FLAC, AIFF). For instance, voice memo files uploaded from a phone or computer are acceptable.
5. Audio file names need to include SUBMITTER NAME and TITLE eg <SamAlex-myfirsttime.wav>
6. Multiple entries may be uploaded using the one entry form but each separate entry must be contained in a separate file and labelled appropriately.
7. Entrants must be under 35 years of age and may be either living in Australia or an Australian living overseas.
8. By entering the competition writers grant the National Young Writers Festival and Spineless Wonders limited, fee-free, licence to publish their work and/or produce in other formats such as print or video. Intellectual Property shall remain with the writer and writers will be notified of any use of their work.
9. The closing date is August 1st, 2017. Entries will be accepted up until midnight AEST. Late entries will not be accepted.
10. Competition finalists will be selected by the Spineless Wonders’ Slinkies Editorial Team. The winner and runners up will be chosen via a ballot conducted during the National Young Writers Festival, September 28 to October 1, 2017.
11. Results of the competition will be announced at the Festival on October 1, 2017 and winners and runners up not present at the awards ceremony will be notified by email.
Spineless Wonders is currently accepting audio submissions for Earworms, its audio program as well as for its multi-media #storybombing platform.
Submissions can be from 5 to 60 minutes duration and in any genre.
Use this form to upload your audio story (mp3 or WAV format). You can attach more than one audio story provided the total duration does not exceed 60 minutes. Audio submissions do not have to be broadcast quality, or include sound production. All you need to do is record your short story or prose poem on a computer, a mobile, or a dictaphone, and send us an mp3. If we like your piece we'll be in touch.
Or if you have a polished audio piece, or a great idea for one - feel free to submit and we can discuss ways to showcase your work or to collaborate with you on a co-production.
You can use this form to include a word document with information about yourself, the publication or award history of the submissions, your other publications and links to your website. Upload an author pic (jpeg, TIFF or GIF).
For further inquiries, email email@example.com