To register your interest and to receive details of the commission, please attach an artist bio and examples of your work (optional). For inquiries, firstname.lastname@example.org
Little Fictions is once more opening its doors to newly-minted submissions for its upcoming live shows. Submissions will be judged by a team of two editors and two actors who are on the lookout for new writing to be programmed in upcoming live shows.
What are we looking for?
We want fiction with strong dialogue and memorable characters that will delight and amaze us. Stories that take off on flights of fancy as well as ones that take a satirical or offbeat look at life. Give us writing that rings with truth and insight. Writing that will have the audience in stitches or close to tears.
We are looking for previously unpublished works of fiction up to 2000 words in length in the form of microfiction, microlit, dramatic monologues – in fact, any written form which will enthral a listening audience.For FAQs, go to the Submissions tab on shortaustralianstories.com.au
Submission Guidelines / Conditions of Entry
- Submissions will only be accepted via the Submittable on-line link.
- Entry fee is $10.00 for each submission. (There is no limit to the number of entries.)
- Entrants must be over 18 years of age and must be either Australian citizens (living anywhere), or permanent residents of Australia.
- Maximum word limit is 2,000 words.
- Submissions should not be under consideration by another competition or publication.
- Submissions should not have been previously published.
- There is no set theme.
- Submissions must be suitable for public performance.
- By submitting to the Little Fictions Call Out, writers grant Spineless Wonders licence to perform the work as part of Little Fictions, to record and, if applicable, to offer this recording for broadcast on public radio and other free-to-air media.
- Intellectual Property shall remain with the writer. We request that Little Fictions be acknowledged in any future print publication of the work.
- The closing date for this round of submissions is May 1, 2017. Entries will be accepted up until midnight. Late entries will not be accepted.
- Submitters will be notified of the outcome of their entry.
selected entries may be edited.
Spineless Wonders is currently accepting audio submissions for Earworms, its audio program as well as for its multi-media #storybombing platform.
Submissions can be from 5 to 60 minutes duration and in any genre.
Use this form to upload your audio story (mp3 or WAV format). You can attach more than one audio story provided the total duration does not exceed 60 minutes. Audio submissions do not have to be broadcast quality, or include sound production. All you need to do is record your short story or prose poem on a computer, a mobile, or a dictaphone, and send us an mp3. If we like your piece we'll be in touch.
Or if you have a polished audio piece, or a great idea for one - feel free to submit and we can discuss ways to showcase your work or to collaborate with you on a co-production.
You can use this form to include a word document with information about yourself, the publication or award history of the submissions, your other publications and links to your website. Upload an author pic (jpeg, TIFF or GIF).
For further inquiries, email email@example.com