1. To enter you must reside in Australia or be an Australian living overseas
2. You must be over 18
3. Submissions are sought for collections of short prose up to 30,000 words. The writing may take the form of fiction or creative non-fiction. The collection may be comprised of short stories, micro-fiction or novella. Submissions may also include reflective essays on the stories in the collection.
4. All entries to be made via Submission Manager.
5. Concession holders and full-time students may enter for $20 via this Concession entry form. General entry is $25.
6. Submissions must consist of maximum 30,000 word manuscript.
7. Entries may consist of audio-visual content, hyperlinks as well as text. 8. Entries close midnight AEST, February 2, 2020.
9. Entries may consist in part, but not in total, of work previously published in print or online provided this work is not subject to any existing copyright or licence or any other third party rights; entries may be comprised, in part but not in total, of work which has previously won or been a finalist in other competitions or awards; all work submitted must be your original work. Entries may be co-authored.
10. The winner will be awarded $3000 and two runners-up will be awarded $1000 each. All three finalists will be offered a digital publication agreement by Spineless Wonders. This includes editorial, art and design, distribution and promotion and ongoing royalties from sales.
11. The winner and runners-up will be announced in October, 2020.
12. Entrants selected by the award judge will be contacted prior to the longlist announcement.
13. By submitting to the Award you are agreeing to the above entry conditions. For inquiries, email info [at] shortaustralianstories.com.au